Wednesday 7 April 2010

Where is your favourite place to read?


My favourite place to read is really anywhere I can get comfortable and be alone and get really engrossed in my book. My favourite place at the moment is curled up in my pink worn lounge. I sit sideways with one knee up and my other leg hangs freely over the side. Yes it is old, dirty, the leather is torn and worn, an ugly shade of pink but it is a comfy couch. My comfy couch, the fact that it is a hand-me-down from Greg's parents shouldn't be forgotten. It was their first new couch way back in the early 90's when pink was the in colour for interiors.

Photobucket

I have no said bookshelf for all my books; they sadly sit in a Sorbent toilet paper box or cupboard waiting for the renovation to happen. I bet they are crying out to be placed on a modern shelf to be displayed for all. 

I wonder what my collection of books say about me? I have a weird and eclectic taste, some of which needs to be given to either charity or my local 2nd hand bookstore. There is the Twilight Series that ALL my students told me to read. Which I thoroughly loved, it reminded me of Romeo and Juliet my favourite Shakespeare Play. There is the University books: Write to Publish, The Writing Book, The Elements of Style and Public Relations. None of these have come to any use at all I have not got my novella published and it sits somewhere in my computer never to see the light of day (due to criticisms of a harsh uni Lecturer). Oh how I wanted to write books and films; pity I am no writer. This box also houses my love for RL Stein and Dolly Fiction, There are classics like White Fang and Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy, and Jane Eyre. A few from a couple of my teenage Sophia Kingsley, Jessica Adams and a collections of short stories I fell in love with Confessions of a neo-milkmaid. 

There are a few good books too that must be read; Kite runner and A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini, and The Red Tent by Anita Diamant, The Persimmon Tree and Fishing for Stars by Bryce Courtenay (still with a bookmark in waiting for me to return). 
For the moment I am engrossed in the House of the Night Series; Yes I know it is a teen novel series I am fully aware I wanted something vampire-ish but wasn't too far off the Twilight Series. I love the characters in this book, I'm in a school daily so it is easy for me to imagine the scenes as I read. The whole vampire thing intrigues me. 
So I pose to you a few questions:
  • Where is your favourite place to read?
  • What does your book collection say about you?
  • When was the last time you were completely engrossed in a book? What was the title of the book? What was it about the book that captured your imagination? 
  • If you were to write a book yourself, what would you write about?
{Image and inspiration for this blog comes from Creativity Portal: 365 pictures}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your gracious comments!

love Adalita