Wednesday 28 April 2010

A kick up the @rse!

 {image from: http://shannonfit.com }

Okay I need a good kick up the @rse, this week other than doing the 20km road ride on Sunday and 10km Mountain bike ride on Monday. I have not done one iota of exercise (other than my 10000 steps that is). I have gone straight for the PC upon waking and getting home from work. NERD! Yes; I am a HUGE NERD! I am an Information Technology Teacher.

So what am I going to do to alleviate the no motivation and the computer chair butt?

A CHALLENGE (in true top gear style)
I will: 
  • Go for a run
  • Do one of the many fitness DVDs
  • Go to Bodyrock.tv and do a Zuzanna workout
  • Wake up and turn on the Lifestyle You Channel and do the My Workout
  • During ad breaks at night while watching TV do sit ups and push ups
  • Walk more around the classroom
  • continue to run the stairs at work at any given chance
I read today's blog from *Bitchcakes* which rang true; I so need a change, I have gotten relaxed since I hit goal. If I don't up the anti now I will easily gain weight. I need to get focused again, set small and realistic goals in regards to exercise.

*bitchcakes* sums it up nicely:
"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got."
"If you want to see different results, you need to try a different approach. ... If you want to see a change, you have to start by changing something."

That is what I am doing, changing something, changing my attitude and motivation to just get off my butt and do some extra exercise. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week for at least an hour, which included running 4-5km, rowing, stairclimber (boxing when I did PT along with weight training too). I need to make more time for me and at this time it means EXERCISE. I need to love it again. It is amazing what quitting the gym does to your motivation. So I need to use all the tools I have (and I have tonnes) and find some routine that works for me. 
So here I am getting off my butt and doing something....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your gracious comments!

love Adalita