Thursday 22 July 2010

fat to fit - New lease on energy!


This week I have had a new lease of my energy levels. I have started exercising and have tried to up my amount of incidental steps at work. 

 
Last week I spoke about goals and my goal was to start exercising again and to begin running towards 5km again.  I purchased a goal book from Kikki-K and have started filling it in. There are a few tricky questions about values as this leads to many of your goals. 

This week I am talking about exercise clothing. I have a drawer dedicated to exercise clothing. I have crop tops, sports bras, shorts, singlets, bikinis, 2 pairs of riding pants, 3 short sleeved jeresys, 3 gym singlets, 3 motivational tops and one baggy pair of 3/4 tights. The question is do I really need all these exercise clothes? The answer is simply yes; and I needed more!

I went to Lorna Jane and bought a few more items to add to my overflowing exercise clothing drawer. 

 I bought 1 riding long sleeved jersey, 1 light zip up jumper that I can workout in, 2 hoodies and a pair of 3/4 yoga trackies (the pink band has determined on it)






What items of clothing do you need for a basic workout?


    • A supportive bra or crop
    • A shirt or singlet that does not show sweat or chafe your arms
    • A sturdy pair of undies, G Strings are not supportive
    • Shorts, pants or leggings that are correctly fitted.
    • socks that wick away sweat 
    • Sports Specific Shoes (If I am running I wear my running shoes, I have flat soled shoes for classes and aerobic activity)
 
What items of clothing do you need for running?


    • A supportive bra or crop
    • A shirt or singlet that does not show sweat or chafe your arms
    • A sturdy pair of undies, G Strings are not supportive
    • Shorts, pants or leggings that are correctly fitted.
    • socks that wick away sweat 
    • Running shoes (I was fitted at Athletes foot - I tend to roll out when I run. Since being correctly fitted I don't have sore knees when I run or exercise)
    • Spibelt (a expandable belt) It holds your ipod/iphone, keys and any other little items)



What items of clothing do you need for riding? (I ride Cross Country Mountain Bike)

    • A supportive bra or crop
    • A riding jersey (mine is Fox branded)
    • A sturdy pair of undies, G Strings are not supportive
    • Riding Shorts with built in Knicks and pockets (My current pair are Oakley, I also have a pair of FOX These are Women Specific)
    • ankle socks that wick away sweat 
    • Riding shoes (5Tens) They grip like glue to the peddles so I don't need clip in's yet!
    • Gloves (mine have gel padding and are full fingered for bush riding)
    • Helmet
    • Camelback 2ltr with room for spare tire and first aid

What do you wear when you exercise?



Here are some ideas that I tried last week:
  • Eat more fruit and vegetables
  • Choose healthy zero point food instead of chocolate or wine at end of day when hungry
  • Cut down on sugar (includes sweeteners and honey)
  • Eat more unprocessed foods (steel cut oats instead of Uncle Tobys Quick Oats or Weight Wise Oats)
  • Drink less alcohol (4 drinks all week)
  • Exercise more - make a date with yourself Sunday (ride), Monday (workout), Tuesday (workout +2 PE classes), Wednesday (workout +2 PE classes), Thursday (workout +2 PE classes)
  • Plan meals for the week (saves time and money)
  • Cook a soup for lunch

Pedometer readings for the week of 16th July - 22nd July

Friday
6627 steps
4.17km
Saturday
4448 steps
2.80km  
Sunday
10105 steps
15.9km MTB ride
6.36km 

Monday
9043 steps
5.69km
Tuesday
11861 steps
7.47km
Wednesday
 steps
5.43km 
Thursday
10472 steps
   6.59km


Measurements
Waist: --cm (at smallest part) -
Hips: --cm (on hip bone) -
Bust: --cm
Arms: Right --cm Left --cm
Thighs: Right --cm Left --cm
Weight: -- (51.1kg last week)
On Wednesday Morning my scales read: 


What I achieved last week: 
  • Exercise   incidental + workouts
  • Track exercise + food + vitamins + water
  • Cut back portion sizes
  • Back into routine
  • Get out and ride
  • Run need to do this
  • Walk the dog

My things to do this week
  • Exercise more (keep above 8000 steps)
  • Set goals
  • Cut back portion sizes
  • Continue routine - with exercise, food and workouts
  • Get out and ride
  • Run
  • Walk the dog

What are you going to do?

3 comments:

  1. Keep going lady! I think you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the info. Now if only there was a magical way not to sweat. lol I have been going to the gym in the street clothes and flip flops because I just started working out and I have no idea what to wear! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like an awesome week! Stopping by from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your gracious comments!

love Adalita