Thursday 26 May 2011

RIP silverchair

I'm not sure if you know but my favourite band silverchair have gone on into "indefinite hibernation" and they've decided to each do their own thing for the foreseeable future... As a result silverchair have decided to put the band into 'a deep sleep' while they all do other things that theyfind more inspiring. This means that Silverchair won't be making music together or playing shows any time soon. It also means that the three of us won't be working together unless and until it feels right again. 

It sure sounds like a break up to me as they were already on a hiatus.  

silverchair have helped me thorough so much in my life.  I have been a fan since 1994, I have attended 23 of their concerts. On my first date with my partner I even purchased a silverchair cd. It is the end of an era for me and the beginning of a new one.

Silverchair have had a brillant career with awesome music, great memories, the change of Australian music, I have made many, many friends through the band. Cheers to you; Daniel, Chris and Ben! May you have a great future in whatever you pursue.

RIP silverchair 1994-2011


 
 
 












 My silverchair collection
some of my massive silverchair collection



 

 My teenage room
















What was your favourite teenage band?

5 comments:

  1. OMG! That's a hell of a lot of Silverchair! I can see why you might be feeling a bit sad ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you be their biggest fan? Amazing! I like the boys from Newcastle but don't own even a single song they have recorded. Such interesting characters and talented musos though. I hope you will cope in their absence? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! HUGE collection.

    I felt this sad when Take That broke up. it was the end of an era for me, back in 1996...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I also got an email stating that "as Silverchair will be inactive for the
    forseeable future, it obviously makes no sense for the LAS (fanclub) to continue." So that sounds like an end really instead of a hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg check out your collection! Wow! I actually like being Rick rolled as I loved Rick Astley. My teenage walls were covered with john Farnham, michael j fox and Fred savage! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your gracious comments!

love Adalita