Monday 13 September 2010

Weekend Wrap up - 11th & 12 September

Saturday: 
My weekend once again consisted of renovations.

The removal of the garage wall which meant no more bricks! Yay!!!!

Sunday:
My Partner and I were invited to attend "The Mt Joyce Escape Recreation Park Mountain Bike Invitational" on Sunday. This was an invitation only event at the Wayaralong Dam Construction site. 14km outside of Beaudesert. The recreational facilities are to be open in April 2011.
Yesterday was awesome, I am very sore though I crashed twice. I freaked out a little and put too much front break on and skidded and crashed. I now have a massive bruise on my knee. My shoulders are sore from gripping the handlebars and riding downhill for 5km (approx 19 minutes from top to bottom) The boys were doing it in 1/2 the time. I came 3rd out of the women who did the timed run with 4:15 (On the bottom 1/2 of the track) as there was Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Areas where we had to carry our bike 200- 300m in the top of the track. I know I need to work on steep tight cornered decents as I kept breaking too much. 
Food was beautiful and healthy so I had no worries. It will be awesome when it opens in April.
The Wyaralong Dam Project offers significant recreation and tourism opportunities that will benefit the Boonah and Beaudesert region. As part of the Wyaralong Dam Project, $4 million will be spent on recreational facilities. From the Wyaralong Dam website
  • Approximately 40 kilometres of multi-use trails for walking, horse and mountain bike riding and canoeing
  • Over 10 kilometres of dedicated mountain biking including 2 downhill tracks and a free flow track
  • Camping and picnic facilities with some areas that will have showers.
  • No Car or 4wd access to specified areas of the recreation park to make the area more sustainable. 


MONDAY:

Today the digging for our footing has started so my backyard has become a mess of dirt, rubble and tree roots. More digging tomorrow as we need a rock breaker to get through some bits.






    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for your gracious comments!

    love Adalita