Thursday 23 December 2010

Surviving the Christmas Week




Over the past two weeks I have put on 2kg, I know what I have done wrong (too much alcohol and not enough exercise). So I need to rectify it over the next 2 weeks. 

This weather we are having it doesn't feel like Christmas. I wish it was sunny or I was back in Canada for Christmas.


WHAT I HAVE TO DO BEFORE CHRISTMAS DAY
I have to clean the flat as my parents in-law are having guests from Christmas Eve onwards. I am in the middle of folding 4 baskets of clothes. I have 2 loads of washing to do (and its raining). My partner needs to do his Christmas Shopping for me. I have even printed and circled exactly what I want and told him the exact store to go to get it (he doesn't do shopping)! I have a small grocery shop to do as I need milk and breakfast foods.


HOW TO AVOID THE BAD FOOD OVER CHRISTMAS
  • Make sure there are healthy options available. If not opt to bring your own.
  • Make sure you have a healthy breakfast with protein, fruit and whole grains.
  • If you are going out for dinner over the Christmas period to a restaurant then have a light lunch or salad so you can enjoy your dinner
  • Drink lots of water
  • Ask people to remove the tempting food from near you on the table.
  • Weigh up if you want that treat or if you want to keep the weight off. Remember it can only take 1 week to gain a kg and up to 3 to loose it. 
  • It is your choice what you put into your body
  • If you really want to have a dessert share it.
  • I eat all the salad and vegetables first then I will eat the meat and other foods on my plate; usually I can't fit it in and stop before I feel full.
  • Remember, Christmas goes for just one day, not one month!

ProPoints on typical Christmas foods: 

  •  Short Bread 1 ProPoint
  • Rumballs 1 ProPoint
  • Truffles 1 ProPoint
  • Boxed Chocolates 2 ProPoints
  • White Christmas (50g) 8 ProPoints
  • 3 Choc Coated Almonds 3 ProPoints
  • 20 mixed nuts (unsalted) 3 ProPoints
  • Plum Pudding Average slice 7 ProPoints
  • 1/2 cup custard 4 ProPoints
  • 1/2 cup low fat custard 3 ProPoints
  • Christmas Cake with Icing 8 ProPoints
  • Fruit Mince Pie 6 ProPoints
  • Trifle Average Serve 8 ProPoints
  • Pavolva with cream 7 ProPoints
  • 100g (2 slices) Turkey Breast Lean without skin 4 ProPoints
  • 100g (2 slices) Turkey Breast with skin 5 ProPoints
  • 100g (2 slices) Roast Pork 3 ProPoints
  • 100g Prawns 3 ProPoints
  • 100g (2 slices) Ham 5 ProPoints
  • 12 Oysters (plain) 3 ProPoints
  • 200g Fish 2 ProPoints
  • 45g stuffing 2 ProPoints
  • 1 tbs Cranberry Sauce 1 ProPoint
  • 20g Crackling 3 ProPoints
  • 1 tbs Apple Sauce 1 ProPoint
  • 200g Roast Potato with oil 5 ProPoints
  • 200g Roast Potato without oil 4 ProPoints
  • 1 tbs Tartare Sauce 2 ProPoints
  • 1/4 cup gravy 1 ProPoint
 PLAN YOUR CHRISTMAS DAY MENU
  • Have a good Healthy Breakfast - I am having a cooked Breakfast (5 ProPoints)
  • Eat plenty of salads
  • Have protein and dairy for lunch, chicken, turkey and ham are good options avoid the cracking and fat.
  • Eat a smaller dinner if you have a bigger lunch, choose left over meat and salads. 
  • Limit your alcohol, choose low carb wines, champagnes and beers.
  • If you do have dessert go for fruit or a small sliver of the Christmas Pudding sans the cream and icecream.


WHAT CHANGES AM I COMMITTED TO MAKING ON THIS NEW PROGRAM!
  • Try new recipes from the two new cookbooks and the magazine.
  • More exercise; despite the weather I need to still do exercise
  • Looking at portion control; not eating too much over this weekend
  • Where ever possible eating more fruit and vegetables.
  • Try new things - I'm having scallops for Christmas Eve Dinner
WHAT I DID LAST WEEK:
  • Steps above 8909 (which is 'healthy' on my pedometer) 2 days this week (I didn't wear the pedometer all week.
  • Monday - Friday I ate fruit instead of processed snacks including smoothies and fruit juice.
  • Eating more vegetables in dinner and lunches
  • Walked the dog around Emerald Lakes


    CHANGES I'M MAKING THIS WEEK:
    •  Don't drink too much, I already have gained 2kg in 2 weeks from alcohol and little exercise.
    • Eat all allocated ProPoints, try not to use Weekly Allocated ProPoints.
    • Do more exercise, even though it will be raining for the next 8 days.
    • Eat more whole foods instead of processed foods
    • Watch portion sizing especially when going out.
    • Eating fruit and vegetables instead of processed snack foods 
    • Doing a morning workout with My Workout on Lifestyle You channel or afternoon workout with Zuzana on www.bodyrock.tv - I must do these!!!! NO EXCUSES!
    MY AIM THIS WEEK:
    • Is to drink less and exercise more.
    • Try to keep away from the Christmas Snacks!
    • Do more free weight training
    • Start running
    • Walk the dog
    • Ride more

    Pedometer Readings

    Friday
    -- steps
    -- km
    Saturday
    -- steps
    -- km
    Sunday
    -- steps
    -- km 
    Monday
    -- steps
    -- km
    Tuesday
    13198 steps
    8.44km 1 ProPoint
    Wednesday
    5625 steps
    3.60km 
    Thursday
    -- steps
    -- km


    Measurements
    Waist: 72cm (at smallest part) +1cm
    Hips: 84cm (on hip bone) +1cm
    Bust: 89cm +1cm
    Arms: Right 26.5cm Left 26.5cm +1`cm
    Thighs: Right 50.5cm Left 50.5cm STS
    Weight: 52.9 kg WEDNESDAY AM


    Are you all set for the Christmas onslaught?

    {all images from We heart it} 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for your gracious comments!

    love Adalita