Thursday 16 December 2010

Fat to fit - How to keep fit over Christmas


The thing I am struggling with at the moment is exercise. Other than walking I have not done any for a while. I am keen to get back into running.I haven't had time on my holidays yet to exercise due to renovation commitments and the weather.



GREAT EXERCISES TO DO OVER THE CHRISTMAS PERIOD
  • Running along the beach
  • Walking on the beach (while the boys all bodyboard or surf)
  • Swimming at the beach or pool
  • Riding in the bush
  • Riding on bike paths
  • Playing footy or cricket in the backyard
  • Using kids playground equipment as your gym Interval training. 

WHEN TO EXERCISE
  • Do your exercise in the morning before it gets too hot or you don't feel like it.
  • if you are riding it is better to do it earlier as the sun isn't too bad and you won't dehydrate as bad. 
  • I usually go to the beach before 7am and am home by just after 9am for breakfast, it is a great place to workout  because if you get too hot you can go for a swim.

WHAT CHANGES AM I COMMITTED TO MAKING ON THIS NEW PROGRAM!
  • Try new recipes from the two new cookbooks.
  • More exercise
  • Looking at portion control
  • Enjoying eating more fruit and vegies (which has been my goal since starting to loose weight in 2008)
  • Try new things 
  • Learn a new system and use it properly and not get complacent!
WHAT I DID LAST WEEK:
  • Steps above 8909 (which is 'healthy' on my pedometer) most days
  • Tried to avoid eating birthday mudcake (it still has calories)
  • Monday - Friday I ate fruit instead of processed snacks
  • Eating more vegetables in dinner and lunches

CHANGES I'M MAKING THIS WEEK:
  •  Drink less and don't let the 'Silly Season' take hold
  • Trying to get my head around ProPoints
  • Do more exercise its school holidays and I have time to exercise when I want!
  • Eat more whole foods instead of processed foods
  • Watch portion sizing
  • Eating fruit and vegetables instead of processed snack foods 
  • Doing a morning workout with My Workout on Lifestyle You channel or afternoon workout with Zuzana on www.bodyrock.tv
MY AIM THIS WEEK:
  •  As I am on school holidays I have lots of time to exercise
  • Is to drink less and exercise more.
  • Keep pedometer reading above 10000 steps
  • I am limiting myself to 2 alcoholic drinks on 2 days a week. 
  • Do more free weight training
  • Start running
  • Walk the dog
  • Ride more

Measurements
Waist: 70.5cm (at smallest part) +0.5cm
Hips: 82cm (on hip bone) -1cm
Bust: 87.5cm -0.5cm
Arms: Right 26.5cm Left 25cm STS
Thighs: Right 51.5cm Left 50.5cm STS
Weight: 52.1 kg THURSDAY AM  (on my new WW Precision Body Fat Scales)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your gracious comments!

love Adalita