The thing I am struggling with at the moment is exercise. Other than walking I have not done any for a while. I am keen to get back into running.I haven't had time on my holidays yet to exercise due to renovation commitments and the weather.
GREAT EXERCISES TO DO OVER THE CHRISTMAS PERIOD
- Running along the beach
- Walking on the beach (while the boys all bodyboard or surf)
- Swimming at the beach or pool
- Riding in the bush
- Riding on bike paths
- Playing footy or cricket in the backyard
- Using kids playground equipment as your gym Interval training.
WHEN TO EXERCISE
- Do your exercise in the morning before it gets too hot or you don't feel like it.
- if you are riding it is better to do it earlier as the sun isn't too bad and you won't dehydrate as bad.
- I usually go to the beach before 7am and am home by just after 9am for breakfast, it is a great place to workout because if you get too hot you can go for a swim.
- Try new recipes from the two new cookbooks.
- More exercise
- Looking at portion control
- Enjoying eating more fruit and vegies (which has been my goal since starting to loose weight in 2008)
- Try new things
- Learn a new system and use it properly and not get complacent!
- Steps above 8909 (which is 'healthy' on my pedometer) most days
- Tried to avoid eating birthday mudcake (it still has calories)
- Monday - Friday I ate fruit instead of processed snacks
- Eating more vegetables in dinner and lunches
CHANGES I'M MAKING THIS WEEK:
- Drink less and don't let the 'Silly Season' take hold
- Trying to get my head around ProPoints
- Do more exercise its school holidays and I have time to exercise when I want!
- Eat more whole foods instead of processed foods
- Watch portion sizing
- Eating fruit and vegetables instead of processed snack foods
- Doing a morning workout with My Workout on Lifestyle You channel or afternoon workout with Zuzana on www.bodyrock.tv
MY AIM THIS WEEK:
- As I am on school holidays I have lots of time to exercise
- Is to drink less and exercise more.
- Keep pedometer reading above 10000 steps
- I am limiting myself to 2 alcoholic drinks on 2 days a week.
- Do more free weight training
- Start running
- Walk the dog
- Ride more
Waist: 70.5cm (at smallest part) +0.5cm
Hips: 82cm (on hip bone) -1cm
Bust: 87.5cm -0.5cm
Arms: Right 26.5cm Left 25cm STS
Thighs: Right 51.5cm Left 50.5cm STS
Weight: 52.1 kg THURSDAY AM (on my new WW Precision Body Fat Scales)