Week 3 of my 4kg in 4 weeks challenge. During this 3rd week of the Weight Watchers ProPoints system I haven't eaten all my fruit this week as I have been busy running around at work. I have been preparing for next year and teaching other junior classes. I am looking forward to this school year to be over. Bring on the school holidays!
HOW TO SURVIVE THE SILLY SEASON?
As next Friday signals the beginning of school holidays and the official start of the 'Silly Season'; I am going to try to survive the temptations of pre-Christmas parties and drinks.
SURVIVING THE SEASON
- Stock up on all the supplies you need to eat well. That is your healthy choices; fruit, wholegrain, vegetables, water, milk & dairy, healthy oil and multi-vitamins.
- Always carry a protein snack or vegies to snack on. (nuts (unsalted of course or dried fruit are good)
- Eat a healhty breakfast with wholegrains and dairy, topped with fruit.
- On party days, choose salad for lunch. Remember, the more you eat during the day, the smaller dinner needs to be. (remember to balance out your extra 49 pro points for the whole week)
- Snack on at least two salad vegetables during the day.
- For every party you go to, try to do an extra exercise session or walk during the day before you go.
- Follow a heavy day with plenty of water and a snooze or sleep in your body will forgive you!
- Save high-calorie treats such as mince pies and pastries for Christmas Day itself.
- Remember, Christmas goes for just one day, not one month!
PARTY SURVIVAL GUIDE
- Never go to a function starving or you will overeat - grab a carrot, nut bar or make a smoothie an hour or two before you go.
- Know what your drink limit is (two is ideal) and alternate with sparkling water with lime.
- Avoid all pastries and stick to sushi, grilled food and vegetable snacks.
- Avoid chips, dips and other unregulated portions. (you never know how much each has been made and might be higher than you think in pro points)
- When dining out, never eat the extra bread on the table - order an extra serve of salad vegies instead.
- Share dessert - the most pleasure is in the first few bites.
PARTY FOODS TO AVOID
- Jatz crackers with tasty cheese (3 ProPoints)
- corn chips with cream cheese dip (4 ProPoints)
- crackers with pesto dip (2 ProPoints)
- 1 mince party pie (3 ProPoints)
- 2 samosas (5 ProPoints)
- 2 mini quiches (3 ProPoints)
- 5 funsize chocolates (11 ProPoints)
- 10 chocolate-covered fruit and nut mix (7 ProPoints)
- 2 frankfurts (4 ProPoints)
- 2 mini sausage rolls (6 ProPoints)
BEST PARTY SNACKS
- 2 sushi rolls (6 ProPoints)
- Chicken skewers (6 ProPoints)
- 3 choc-dipped strawberries (3 ProPoints)
- Vegetable sticks with hummus (1 ProPoint)
- 10 wafer crackers with light dip (6 ProPoints)
- Fruit sorbet (1 ProPoint)
- 3 vine leaves (0 ProPoints)
- 10 wafer crackers with smoked salmon (9 ProPoints)
- 2 grilled prawns (1 ProPoint)
- 10 stuffed olives (7 ProPoints)
My work day menu (based on Yesterday's menu)
- 250ml Coffee with dash of milk (0 ProPoints)
- 1tbs honey (1 ProPoint)
- High fibre white bread (2 ProPoints)
- 1 tbs peanut butter (4 ProPoints)
- Fruit Salad 1 mango, 2 nectarines, 3 strawberries, 1 banana. (0 ProPoints)
- BBQ Chicken wrap with BBQ sauce (6 ProPoints)
- Nestle Diet creme caramel (2 ProPoints)
- 2 glass white wine (9ProPoints)
- Lasagne (4 ProPoints)
- Spaghetti Carbonara (5 ProPoints)
During the day I drink 1 -2 litres of water during classes and at home too.
Total ProPoints: 33
1 Exercise ProPoint Earned
Weekly Allowance ProPoints used: 4
WHAT CHANGES AM I COMMITTED TO MAKING ON THIS NEW PROGRAM!
- Try new recipes from the two new cookbooks.
- More exercise
- Looking at portion contol
- Enjoying eating more fruit and vegies (which has been my goal since starting to loose weight in 2008)
- Try new things
- Learn a new system and use it properly and not get complacent!
- Steps above 8909 (which is 'healthy' on my pedometer)
- Monday - Friday I ate fruit instead of processed snacks
- Eating more vegetables in dinner and lunches
CHANGES I'M MAKING THIS WEEK:
- Drink less and don't let the 'Silly Season' take hold
- Trying to get my head around ProPoints
- Do more exercise
- Eat more whole foods instead of processed foods
- Watch portion sizing
- Eating fruit and vegetables instead of processed snack foods
- Doing a morning workout with My Workout on Lifestyle You channel or afternoon workout with Zuzana on www.bodyrock.tv
MY AIM THIS WEEK:
- Is to drink less and exercise more.
- Keep pedometer reading above 10000 steps
- I am limiting myself to 2 alcoholic drinks on 2 days a week.
- Do more free weight training
- Start running
- Walk the dog
- Ride more
Pedometer readings for the week of 26th November - 2nd December
I ended up getting a refund from ww on the pedometer so tonight I am getting a new one at my meeting.
7.34 km 0.5 Points
6.44 km Healthy
6.81 km 0.5 Points
6.35 km Healthy
6.95 km 0.5 Points
8.81 km 1 Point
Waist: 70cm (at smallest part) -1.5cm
Hips: 83cm (on hip bone) +1cm
Bust: 88cm +0.5cm
Arms: Right 26.5cm Left 25cm STS
Thighs: Right 51.5cm Left 50.5cm STS
How are you going preparing for Christmas?
Weight: -- kg THURSDAY AM 25-11-2010. (on my new WW Precision Body Fat Scales)