Friday 23 September 2011

Friday Fitness



wednesday wants


Last week I spoke about surviving a plateau.This week I am examining diet and the effect of sugar.Excess sugar has caused me to gain 4kg in the past 8 months. I need to do something or it will get worse.

I had cut out a lot of sugar out of my diet last year but with the effects of some of the artificial sweeteners some of those old habits have crept back in. So now I'm cutting out as much of those as possible. I'm only eating naturally occurring sugars.

So that means fruit and honey are the only naturally sugary foods I'm consuming.

If the items aren't in my home I'm less likely to consume them. Just like Coke. Sadly this has snuck back into my diet and has caused me not to loose any weight and go into maintenance mode.

Here is what I'm going to eat:
         
Liquids
  • Water
  • Low Fat Skim Milk
  • Soda Water & Lime juice (fresh)
  • 1 cup of coffee no sugar or sweetners with a dash of milk
Protein
  • Lean meat and lean chicken
  • Eggs
  • Turkey breast
  • Seafood (fish, scallops, prawns, calamari)
Fruit
  • Strawberries
  • Raspberries
  • Blueberries
  • Pineapple
  • Bananas
  • Apples
Carbohydrate
  • Rice
  • couscous
  • Quinoa
  • whole wheat pasta and flour
  • Potatoes
  • Oatmeal (regular, not the quick oats)
  • Sweet Potatoes
Vegetables
  • Broccoli/broccolini
  • Cauliflower
  • Cabbage (red or white)
  • Green Beans
  • Carrots
  • Onions
  • Capsicum
  • Mushrooms
  • Lettuce
  • Tomatoes
  • Celery
  • Chilli
  • Herbs

What I'm up to this coming week:
It's crunch time we have approx a month to get everything done so we can move in. I'm going to be cleaning my arse off. Next week my parter Greg has the week off so we can wrangle all the trades into finishing up. I'm so glad we gave in and are paying for one of our mates to paint the interior. I'll be happy if I squeeze a daily workout and 3 runs next week.

Things to do this week:
  • Write your inspiration list
  • Post your before photos
  • Find something that inspires you and post it.
  • Move more; Make “YOU” time by getting in more active activities than this week.  It shouldn't be too hard to do this.
  • Try something new - it might be a new activity, food or something you've always wanted to try.
  • Make obtainable short term goals and stick to it. 
  • Eat more vegetables and protein.
 Photo inspiration:






Get inspired to lose:

Sarah Wilson's Ebook - available soon

Help me raise money for a good cause http://www.everydayhero.com.au/adalita_m






Measurements and weight:
No change this week in measurements. I need to up the exercise and cut the alcohol and sugar again. 
Weight: 54kg
bust: 85cm
hips: 85cm
waist: 71cm
arms: L27cm R25cm
thighs:L54cm R54cm

Weekly Exercise:
Saturday - housework and renovations
Sunday - housework and renovations
Monday - Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD
Tuesday - Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD
Wednesday - cleaning gutters, windows and weeding garden 4 hours
Thursdaycleaning gutters 2 hours
Friday - Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD & vacuuming all dust and debris from renovation
  

 
Help inspire me to get back to 50kg. (I have 3.5kg to go)
Are you going to cut sugar and alcohol?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your gracious comments!

love Adalita