Procrastination and exercise
I am being honest here. I am a huge procrastinator. I put of cleaning the house, cooking and exercising. Once I'm in a routine with exercise it's all good. But until I get into that routine; I put it off.
How do you stop procrastinating?
Realise you are procrastinating- know your triggers for getting off task
Find the cause for your procrastination.
- is it being lazy?
- is the task unpleasant?
- is the task too big and overwhelming?
Have strategies to stop procrastinating
- have a to do list and use it
- identify consequences of not doing the activity
- schedule tasks
- give yourself a time limit
- break the big task into smaller tasks
Things to do this week:
- Write your inspiration list
- Post your before photos
- Find something that inspires you and post it.
- Move more; Make “YOU” time by getting in more active activities than this week. It shouldn't be too hard to do this.
- Try something new
- Make obtainable short term goals and stick to it
- Eat more vegetables and protein.
Before & Now photos:
At 74+ kg
My new plan:
- Exercise at least once a day
- Eat at least 5 serves of vegetables a day (one cup = one serve)
- Have protein with every meal (part of the Weight Watchers ProPoints Plan) (a serve of lean meat is palm size) Protein can be chicken breast, turkey breast, eggs, fish, low fat dairy, whey protein and lean red meat.
- Eat 6 meals a day
- Drink at least 2 litres of liquid (not diet soft drinks I no longer consume these do to their health risks) Can be water, soda water, ginger tea and coffee (limit of two per day).
- Stick to two alcoholic drinks only 2 days a week
Let's get me back under 50kg.
How do you get over procrastinating and do what needs to be done?