Thursday 11 November 2010

Fat to fit - Adaptation



This week Weight Watchers Australia are finally catching up with what the rest of the world are doing. They are bringing out a new system for points called ProPoints. I am interested in finding out more and adapting to the new system. It might be the change I need.

I am going to have to re-teach myself what ProPoints the foods I normally consume are. I can calculate off the top of my head the majority of foods I consume without checking weighing or converting using my WW Points Calculator!  It will be a challenge!



HOW CAN YOU ADAPT YOU WAY OF THINKING?
  • Do not emotionally eat - think about why you are eating that donut
  • Set goals not just long term goals but short term ones too.
  • Reward yourself - buy yourself something new (not a food or alcohol reward)
  • Use visual stimulus. I have an app for my Iphone of Virtual weight loss model, which has my weight now, my original weight and goal weight where I can see each change.
  • Be patient. Losing weight in any kind of healthy way is going to take time. Give yourself a break and don't stress. It took me 10 months to loose 8kg and keep it off!
  • Create a routine. Do it with food and exercise. It will make it easier to get into a habit.
  •  Be honest with yourself. Take note of what you eat and why you are eating that!

WHAT I DID LAST WEEK:
  • Helped with renovations at my house on Sunday
  • Monday - Friday I ate fruit instead of processed snacks
  • Eating more vegetables in dinner and lunches
CHANGES I'M MAKING THIS WEEK:
  • Trying to get my head around ProPoints
  • Do more exercise
  • Eat more whole foods instead of processed foods
  • Watch portion sizing
  • Eating fruit and vegetables instead of processed snack foods 
  • Doing a morning workout with My Workout on Lifestyle You channel or afternoon workout with Zuzana on www.bodyrock.tv


My Aim this week:
  • Is to drink less and exercise more.
  • I am limiting myself to 2 alcoholic drinks on 2 days a week. 
  • Do more free weight training
  • Start running
  • Walk the dog
  • Ride more

Pedometer readings for the week of 5th November - 11th November

Friday
7688 steps
4.68 km
Saturday
4467 steps
2.72 km
Sunday
12613 steps
7.69 km   0.5 Points
Monday
9508 steps
5.79 km
Tuesday
7100 steps
4.33 km  
Wednesday
11515 steps
7.02 km 0.5 Points
Thursday
7558 steps
4.61 km


Measurements
Waist: 71.5cm (at smallest part) +3.5cm
Hips: 82cm (on hip bone) STS
Bust: 87.5cm +2.5cm
Arms: Right 26cm Left 26cm STS
Thighs: Right 51.5cm Left 51.5cm +1.5cm
Weight: 49.8 THURSDAY AM.  53kg At WW meeting :(

What adaptations have you had to make lately?

2 comments:

  1. A great post.
    Full to the brim with sensible advice and honest recording.

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest folllower, we dont get our WW changes for another week or so. Hope you come by http://hungryforliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your gracious comments!

love Adalita