Thursday 18 November 2010

Fat to fit - 4kg in 4 weeks



With the introduction of Weight Watchers ProPoints system, I am glad that there is this change as I need to reassess my portions, and food intake and its relationship with exercise. I am hoping to loose the nearly 4kg I have gained in the last month or two! I am aiming for 4kg in 4 weeks, ambitious (probably) but I'm embracing the new system totally!


ABOUT THE NEW PRO POINTS PROGRAM?
  •  Fruit and most vegetables are point free.
  •  Carbohydrates and protein are higher points now, but you get more points to use.
  •  The focus is on healthy filling and high nutritional foods
  •  The points are taking into the fat that foods with the same points value may not have the same nutritional value. 
  • The new ProPoints use protein, carbohydrate, fat and fibre to assess the value in points. 
  • You get an allocated budget of pro Points per day, then an extra weekly Pro Points allowance of 49. You can still earn activity points too.
WHAT I THINK OF THE NEW PRO POINTS PROGRAM
  • I have been doing the system since Monday and I am struggling to eat my allocated 29 points. 
  • I eat plenty of fruit and vegies anyway so with them being free I'm not necessarily eating more. It just makes it easier and a no brainer to choose fruit and vegetables instead of processed foods.
  • I am still trying to delete all my recipes and foods that aren't correct in my tracker and its not letting me do a total delete it just sits there and doesn't delete!
  • I will give it more time as I am still finding my way but I am embracing this as a change and reassessing my portions and points usage.


WHAT CHANGES AM I COMMITTED TO MAKING ON THIS NEW PROGRAM!
  • More exercise
  • Looking at portion contol
  • Enjoying eating more fruit and vegies (which has been my goal since starting to loose weight in 2008.
  • Try new things 
  • Learn a new system and use it properly and not get complacent!

WHAT I DID LAST WEEK:
  • Helped with renovations at my house on Saturday and Sunday
  • Monday - Friday I ate fruit instead of processed snacks
  • Eating more vegetables in dinner and lunches

CHANGES I'M MAKING THIS WEEK:
  • Trying to get my head around ProPoints
  • Do more exercise
  • Eat more whole foods instead of processed foods
  • Watch portion sizing
  • Eating fruit and vegetables instead of processed snack foods 
  • Doing a morning workout with My Workout on Lifestyle You channel or afternoon workout with Zuzana on www.bodyrock.tv


MY AIM THIS WEEK:
  • Is to drink less and exercise more.
  • I am limiting myself to 2 alcoholic drinks on 2 days a week. 
  • Do more free weight training
  • Start running
  • Walk the dog
  • Ride more

Pedometer readings for the week of 12th November - 18th November
I'm using the old points pedometer as I am waiting to hear a response from WW about replacing the one I bought 3 weeks ago!

Friday
10491 steps
6.39 km
Saturday
14834 steps
9.04 km 1.0 points
Sunday
9782 steps
5.96 km   
Monday
9802 steps
5.97 km
Tuesday
12068 steps
7.36 km  0.5 Points
Wednesday
12140 steps
7.40 km 0.5 Points Took off for formal did an extra 3+km
Thursday
10250 steps
6.25 km


Measurements (not yet measured these are last weeks measurements)
Waist: 71.5cm (at smallest part) +3.5cm
Hips: 82cm (on hip bone) STS
Bust: 87.5cm +2.5cm
Arms: Right 26cm Left 26cm STS
Thighs: Right 51.5cm Left 51.5cm +1.5cm
Weight: 49.2km THURSDAY AM 18-11-2010. 
What's your pre Christmas Goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your gracious comments!

love Adalita