Thursday 5 August 2010

Fat to Fit - Daily Workout





How do you do your daily workout?
What keeps you motivated, positive and strong willed to do this workout daily?

 
I do the following:
    • I have 100's of workouts that I can do in the comfort of my own home. 
    • Every magazine I subscribe to has KILLER workouts.
    • I do workouts from www.bodyrock.tv, Zuzana and Freddy have challenging but awesome workouts.
    • On Pay TV Lifestyle you at 6:30am there is My Workout which I have been doing for a while now. My favourite presenters are Janette and Yumi Lee. This week I have done a lot of abs on this workout.
    • DVD's I have a collection of different DVD's to use if there is nothing else that I want to do. I mainly use Carmen Electra's Strip to fit. 
I feel a little unco doing some of the workouts but thankfully I am at home in my living room where
I am the only one who can laugh at my clumsiness. 

How to stay positive and strong and keep up with your workouts.  
    • The first few weeks to a month is the toughest to remain consistent with your exercise routine. It  takes around at least 21 days to change a habit and comfortably get used to a new routine. (I bought myself a book from Kikki-K 21 days to change a habit.)
    • Surround yourself with positive thoughts and people. Having a great support network is great. (That is why I love Weight Watchers so much)
    • Make your workouts count. A short workout at a high intensity works your body better as your heart rate is up for longer and consequently you burn more fat. If your body is hurting, sweating and burning in your 10-20 minute workout the better.  A short more intense workout is so much better than an hour on low or moderate for a cardio session.
    • Don't let the next day muscle pain get you down and stop you from working out. This is called DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness) It is good pain. This is your body repairing the muscle tears from your workout.
    • Just get out there and exercise you will feel better for doing it! What it comes down to is that you are in it for yourself and that you deserve to look your best and be fit and healthy. So they key to staying strong and positive is to remember you are in it for you 100%! There is no giving up on life! Push yourself and you WILL get results! (even if you can't see it right away)
Here are some ideas that I tried last week:
  • Eat more fruit and vegetables In pasta, risotto, salad, wraps, sandwiches, for breakfast on Sat /Sun
  • Choose healthy zero point food instead of chocolate or wine at end of day when hungry only chocolate 1 day this week
  • Cut down on sugar (includes sweeteners and honey) 1/2 amount of sweetener / honey
  • Eat more unprocessed foods (steel cut oats instead of Uncle Tobys Quick Oats or Weight Wise Oats) Mon-Fri
  • Drink less alcohol (4 drinks all week)
  • Exercise more - make a date with yourself  Workout 4 days this week plus 13.3km bike ride Sunday.
  • Plan meals for the week (saves time and money) DONE ALL WEEK2

 Pedometer readings for the week of 29th July - 5th August


Friday
 7900steps
4.97km
Saturday
 9177steps
5.78km
Sunday
 12807steps
8.06km 0.5 points
Monday
 11244steps
7.08km 0.5 points
Tuesday
 11239steps
7.08km 0.5 points
Wednesday
 9792steps
  6.16km
Thursday
-- steps
   --km



Measurements
Waist: 67.5cm (at smallest part) -
Hips: 82.5cm (on hip bone) -
Bust: 87cm
Arms: Right 27.5cm Left 25cm
Thighs: Right 51.5cm Left 50cm
Weight: 46.2kg Thursday am
 
What I achieved last week: 

  • Exercise more (keep above 8000 steps) 
  • Set goals
  • Track exercise + food + vitamins + water
  • Cut back portion sizes
  • Back into routine
  • Get out and ride
  • Run (Still need to do this)
  • Walk the dog
  • Spend less time on PC 
My things to do this week
  • Exercise more (keep above 8000 steps)
  • Set goals
  • Cut back portion sizes
  • Continue routine - with exercise, food and workouts
  • Get out and ride
  • Run
  • Walk the dog
  • Spend less time on PC
What are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your gracious comments!

love Adalita